Thursday 12 May 2016

"Painterly"Developments


The Faber and Faber artist pamphlets pages  often provide the backdrop to my work. Originally the pages were a background and it took awhile to realise that I could digitally print onto the pages.  I had a folder full of paintings that I had detached from the pages which I have used in printmaking, but only recently recognised that I could use them for digital prints as well. The surfaces of the paintings are semi glossy, which changes the colour and appearance of the subject matter of each piece. 
This week I decided to try using the paintings in the work in other ways, partly to bring a more painterly feel  back into my work.

Lobster Pots - cutting up sections from several paintings to recreate a recurring theme

The Dustcart ( painting back onto digital print/ found painting).

Landscape -combining sections from different paintings together  to create a  background to the piece.





No comments: